Tahoe want start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devonna623

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

My battery want stay charged bt I still have power bt not enough to start my truck. Put a new battery in and it still want start.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean it won't start? What does it do when you turn the key? Do the headlights work?

Repaired_Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im having the same problem (I put the engine replacement on hold for now) my truck doesn’t get driven I only move it around in my driveway. I’m just confused because earlier this morning the truck started up just fine but a few minuets ago it wouldn’t start..The headlights came on when I unlocked it and everything but when i turned the key it wanted to start but it wouldn’t turn over and the battery is about 2 years old.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im having the same problem (I put the engine replacement on hold for now) my truck doesn’t get driven I only move it around in my driveway. I’m just confused because earlier this morning the truck started up just fine but a few minuets ago it wouldn’t start..The headlights came on when I unlocked it and everything but when i turned the key it wanted to start but it wouldn’t turn over and the battery is about 2 years old.
If you don't actually drive it for more than short trips the battery will slowly drain. There is a known issue that idling will not sufficiently charge the battery, and 5-10 minute trips will do the same, so if all you're doing is starting it up and moving it around, your battery will go dead. You need a battery tender to keep it charged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st