Tahoe shut off while driving??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s up guys, I’ve been having problems with my tahoe(2015 Ltz) in the last 3 weeks. My main problem is that it’s been shutting off while driving and sometimes the radio and dash goes black. Has anyone experienced this problem or can anyone hear give me an idea on what can I do to fix this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SARNCAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s up guys, I’ve been having problems with my tahoe(2015 Ltz) in the last 3 weeks. My main problem is that it’s been shutting off while driving and sometimes the radio and dash goes black. Has anyone experienced this problem or can anyone hear give me an idea on what can I do to fix this ?

How long it has been since you replaced your battery? It might be a battery/alternator problem or battery terminal needs to be tightened

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sounds like a dealer job man,I know you want to do your self but......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that this started happening after I had the truck detailed and the engine cleaned

OP
OP
L

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve changed the battery about 2 years ago. I will check the terminals to see if anything is lose

SARNCAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that this started happening after I had the truck detailed and the engine cleaned

In that case, check as well fuse box to make sure no leak was there

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ok, that explains the problem.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score

probably fried the computer or damage (metal corrosion)

OP
OP
L

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably fried the computer or damage (metal corrosion)
@BG1988 if the computer was fried, wouldn’t the truck not turn on at all nor the radio or dash not work? Everything works fine and drives normal for days and out of nowhere it just shuts down while driving. The engine was just wiped down and dressed. No water was used at all.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BG1988 if the computer was fried, wouldn’t the truck not turn on at all nor the radio or dash not work? Everything works fine and drives normal for days and out of nowhere it just shuts down while driving. The engine was just wiped down and dressed. No water was used at all.

check for loose connections