Tahoe horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12YukonSLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an ‘04 Tahoe Z71. The horn is not working when the actuator is depressed. Fuse and relay are good, already replaced the contactors and spring inside the steering wheel. What I have noticed is that if I push in VERY ******* the entire steering wheel, it will move in (toward the dash) just around 1/8” or so. When it is bottomed out, so to speak, the horn actuator works perfectly with very little pressure, as normal. Any advice on what the issue is and possible fix(es)?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The horn is actuated by a ground connection behind the airbag. You'll need to find out why the steering wheel isn't fully positioned; there shouldn't be that much movement. The ground connection seems to be too short, not making contact because of too much gap. Might be a steering wheel seating issue or the column not physically intact.

This guy has a possible solution:

OP
OP

12YukonSLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure why the post put in *****, what it should say is “push in very ******* the entire steering wheel”

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Banned words. Separate the characters with dashes or somehow break up the word when you write it.

oldchev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2004 GMC Yukon horn quit. Not a PPV, but ... I watched this video. It worked! Really straight forward.