Tahoe help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyorDie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2006 tahoe police suv it was a crime scene investigation truck with 157000 miles two days ago I noticed the dipstick for transmission fluid read it was low so I added some. Today I was on the interstate and it was driving fine then for some reason it lost 2nd 3rd and forth but drove in first fine. I limped home and removed a little from the top with hose but not more then I put in. befor this it drove excellent but since adding the dexmerc ATF it has been acting funny. I put it in 1st and it goes. Put it in second, it sounds like it starts off fine almost like its in first then shifts into second on its own or maybe a second overdrive if that exists but won't go into 3rd(expected). Then I stop put it in third and it goes a little slower at first but then seems like its in first and won't so into 2nd or 3rd. Fluid is at good level and does not smell burnt I even added a little Lucas anti slip and ran through the gears taking a 3 second pause in between. Reverse works flawless I hear a whine but I believe it's just because it's police package as it whines a little driving around town and fluctuates with the rpms. I can't think of anything else other then it's a 2wd vortec motor. Please help THANKYOU in advance,
Axton

OP
OP
C

ChevyorDie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls new to this site and need HELP BAD PLEASE READ

thank you for reading this here is my situation...I have a 2006 tahoe police suv it was a crime scene investigation truck with 157000 miles. two days ago I noticed the dipstick for transmission fluid read it was low so I added some(less then a pint maybe half. Today I was on the interstate and it was driving fine then for some reason it lost 2nd 3rd and forth when i got off but drove in first fine. I limped home and removed a little from the top with hose but not more then I put in. befor this it drove excellent but since adding the dexmerc ATF it has been acting funny. I put it in 1st and it goes. Put it in second, it sounds like it starts off fine almost like its in first then shifts into second on its own or maybe a second overdrive if that exists but won't go into 3rd(expected). Then I stop put it in third and it goes a little slower at first but then seems like its in first and won't so into 2nd or 3rd. Fluid is at good level and does not smell burnt I even added a little Lucas anti slip and ran through the gears taking a 3 second pause in between. Reverse works flawless I hear a whine but I believe it's just because it's police package as it whines a little driving around town and fluctuates with the rpms. I can't think of anything else other then it's a 2wd vortec motor. Please help THANKYOU in advance,
Axton

User_Name

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you checked your fluid, was the engine warm or cold?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA