Tahoe Down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jatPPV2012

Reaction score
Oh man! Sorry about your PPV. It can be replaced, but not your life. Glad you're ok. I had a similar situation a few weeks ago in my other car (BMW 335). Red light runner in the adjacent side ran thru a red light in front of me and totaled it. Miraculously, I was not severely injured. Just a small bruise and abrasion on my left wrist and some neck soreness. Going thru the motions with getting med treatment and legal representation.
Good luck finding another.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are these flooded vehicles?
I don’t know. Probably not. The agencies usually are up front about known defects it seems.

I’m really tempted, but the treasurer would likely kill me.

looks like ex K9 from response to a question. The dealers get gun shy about them because of the interiors. My 2013 was K9 which is why I bought it. I was already pulling the interior out of the 2011. It was a perfect match.

NorCalCop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well guys I bought my favorite body style Tahoe that had been a dream for me for a while now. Yesterday was two months since I bought it but on Tuesday night tragedy struck on my way home from work.

I was going through a green light when a driver coming from the opposite direction made a left turn in front of me. I was going 45, the speed limit in that area, and had absolutely zero time to react. I didnt even have time to think about touching my brakes before I hit the other car and was sent spinning. The other car hit me in my drivers fender/headlight area and wreaked havoc on the rest of the Tahoe pretty much.

Somehow I was able to walk away with just a small cut on my shin along with some bruising and alot of soreness. I always knew I loved Tahoes even before this but seeing both vehicles and being able to go home to my wife and son that night has it even more solidified... I will be buying another one very soon!!

View attachment 262410

View attachment 262411
Glad you went home to your family. The Tahoe platform has been one of the best patrol vehicles I ever drove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo