Tahoe Center Console Part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone is having a good week. I have a quick question about a center console part.

I purchased a console, with the rear radio controls removed. I currently don't have anything in it's place like pictured below.

auto015.jpg

Recently I saw the console pictured below on ebay, and it looks like it has some sort of insert in it. I think it's a nice fix and looks pretty clean. Does anyone have any info on this or a part number? If it helps at all, the listing said it was from an Avalanche (not sure how reliable that info is though). I've checked GMpartsdirect.com to no avail. Thanks in advance for the help!

!BwyyMs!BWk~$(KGrHqJ,!hwEv1+0E9nqBMKmirv+Fg~~_12.jpg

OP
OP
F

FLtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. Very much appreciated! You have no idea how much it's been driving me crazy that there is nothing there!

billy76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tahoe console question

Yesterday I purchased a gray center console for my '07 LS for $90, in perfect conditiion. The only problem is that it's missing the entire back panel. Anyone know the P/N for that is. I need the whole back section where the radio controls were removed from.

Also, is it difficult to wire up power to the console.

Any info is appreciated, thanks!

billy76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found the parts I needed.

1 - Bezel - GM Part # 15134825
1 - Compartment - GM Part # 15134828

The dealership wanted $198 dollars. Gm Parts Direct had them for a little over half of that.

Sucks I can't find them cheaper. I only paid $90 for the entiire console, minus to rear bezel piece.

Two questions though.

1. Is it possible to add radio controls to the center console im putting in. Keep in mind I have a 2007 LS with a stock radio.

2. If not, Is the wiring already in place to hook up the 12v plugs in and on the back of the console.

Thanks!

OP
OP
F

FLtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you found your parts. I'm not sure on the 2 questions you asked, but I'd be interested in the resposes. I'm not very savy in that area....I'm not savy in any area really. That's kinda why I'm looking to just find an insert to put in there to clean it up a bit.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Two questions though.

1. Is it possible to add radio controls to the center console im putting in. Keep in mind I have a 2007 LS with a stock radio.

2. If not, Is the wiring already in place to hook up the 12v plugs in and on the back of the console.

Thanks!

Usually, or from what I've seen at least, GM does not leave wiring "ready" for vehicles that don't have a specific option. Most of the time you have to buy the wiring for it as well. Besides fog lights but those are a GM add-on if your vehicle doesn't come with, whereas radio controls on the center console don't have an add-on kit from GM.

And I don't think it would be easy to install the radio controls, as it also controls the rear AC, and you would have to have automatic AC to get that to even work right. Very big job from what I've read.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenboone986