Tahoe 98 having trouble starting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

volvo21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
can you get a scanner to read live data from the pcm?

Tried, it dosnt show any problem. Tho, the car has gone over 240,000 KM which an ''expert'' who i dont trust, but my dad does since he ripped me off for buying a used ( which were supposed to be new) waterpump, costed me around 700-800 $ 6000 skr. He says that it need to be changed at 200,000km. The fuelpump ofc.

My dad told me that the smoke that comes out it un used gasoline.

But could it really be the fuelpump since it runs great once it started?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I was more interested on what the pcm see as the engine temperature compared to outside environment when first started cold. pumps should be changed as an on-condition basis. Unless modding for better then performance from stock leave it if it ain't broke. As far as the pump some testing would be in order to determine its condition.

http://www.sunlitcomet.com/pdf/auto...99 yukon-tahoe-5.7l-fuel-pressure-testing.pdf

If the pump and a separate injector balance test proves good results I would look into a weak powered ignition system such as weak coil output. problem there before you changed other things and what did you do besides plugs? What brands on what parts?

elt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a fuel pump in my 98 that would not start the engine but would run just fine after a shot of starting fluid. Takes more pressure to start the engine than to run it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cpellegrino