Tahoe 2021 inmeinfotant screens problems ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moebde

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello im new here . so i got the tahoe 21 z71 with the infotainment screens and i was trying to connect game console like xbox one x and ps4 pro . but after mints they keep shutting down
i think its something to do with the voltage ??
plus i was trying to connect mini pc with Netflix and apple tv and others apps . but there was big lag between the mini pc and the screens not sure why
and the same with my android phone throw adapter to hdmi there still so much lag
anyone having same problems ?? sorry for my bad English and thank you

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for shutting down with the consoles, I assume you mean it is working at first with the console plugged into AC power and the video going through the HDMI. Is this when you are driving, or is the vehicle sitting with the motor off and you are using accessory mode? It should not shut off when driving unless the AutoStop/Start activates. If you have that feature, turn it off. If this is happening when you are in accessory mode (without the engine running), it is just timing out. The engineers are trying to keep you from running down your battery.

By mini-PC, do you mean a laptop? Unless it has an HDMI out, you could try connecting it to one of the USB ports instead. Using a USB to HDMI adapter may be the problem. I've not tried such an adapter with a phone (or a laptop for that matter), but you could try using a USB port for the phone also. When using my android phone with the infotainment screens, I cast it wirelessly. You may need to try one or two of the cast to TV apps to see what works with your phone.

Hope some of this is helpful.

Good luck.

OP
OP
M

moebde

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As for shutting down with the consoles, I assume you mean it is working at first with the console plugged into AC power and the video going through the HDMI. Is this when you are driving, or is the vehicle sitting with the motor off and you are using accessory mode? It should not shut off when driving unless the AutoStop/Start activates. If you have that feature, turn it off. If this is happening when you are in accessory mode (without the engine running), it is just timing out. The engineers are trying to keep you from running down your battery.

By mini-PC, do you mean a laptop? Unless it has an HDMI out, you could try connecting it to one of the USB ports instead. Using a USB to HDMI adapter may be the problem. I've not tried such an adapter with a phone (or a laptop for that matter), but you could try using a USB port for the phone also. When using my android phone with the infotainment screens, I cast it wirelessly. You may need to try one or two of the cast to TV apps to see what works with your phone.

Hope some of this is helpful.

Good luck.
hi and thank you for your replay
yes the console is connected to the AC power and HDMI , the engine is running but not driving (in parking) and the autostop is off and still having the same problem
and for the mini pc its a small box pc ( like apple tv size ) with windows 10 and also connected AC power and HDMI out . there is a big delay between the mouse and the screen
and i tested with USB C to HDMI cable with my Samsung phone ( mirror ) same delay

Attachments

• 20211012_084429.jpg
    20211012_084429.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211012_084439.jpg
    20211012_084439.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211012_084547.jpg
    20211012_084547.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 9

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm. There may also be a limit to how long you can sit at idle in park. Have you tried it while actually driving? If the AC power cuts off while driving, you may have to have your service tech check it out.

I've not connected a PC like that in the vehicle. My old laptop had an HDMI out port, but I didn't experience a lag when using it with a home TV. A lag with the type of box you're using could be any number of things, including hardware, firmware, CODECs, etc. I'm not enough of a techie to diagnose something like that.

I still think the best option with the phone would be wireless casting.

And that's about all I know about that.