Tahoe 2015 front shock bypass conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SandroLR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi
Already did the conversion on my 2015 tahoe

Change the magnetic front shocks (whit sensor) and put a pair of blistein.
I can’t fin the by pass kit to turn off lights on my dash about this.
If anyone know where can I find it I would thanks you so much

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to install resistors on the wires that you removed from the Magneride shocks, to fool your truck's electronic control systems into thinking that the Magneride shocks are still in place. You can get them at any location that sells Magneride bypass kits.

Be sure to retain the original electrical connectors that you cut off, in order to install the resistors, just in case that you want to go back to Magneride shocks in the future. Some of those electrical connectors are very expensive to replace at the dealer, and hard to find anywhere else.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
shocksims.com The old resistor method from 07-14 doesnt work on the 15-20.

Paul_Kaos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can I ask an absolutely ridiculous question?

Is the magride computer independent? Like the old quadrasteer? Or is it baked into the engine PCM? my brain wants to see chassis items as separate, but I know newer stuff is running the auto trans with the powertrain computer as well so...

Jerryrich0806

Reaction score
Want to change the ppv struts for factory struts will that come with the Bypass Resistors? Would that work or does the ppv has regular struts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900