Switching instrument panel gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
NAIOA.com

Okay, that's an impala forum, I found that out from the post prior to my post. Is there one individual on that forum or a vendor that provides the service? How does one just send a cluster to a forum and get it worked on? Sorry if these appear to be simplistic questions but my crystal ball is currently out for repair. :)

Forty years ago before I became a software engineer I was an electronics technician so I know my way around a soldering iron quite well. I need to know bulb types, especially in the buttons as they go out more often than the clusters. I've found suitable replacements for the A/C panel at Radio Shack but since I haven't pulled the cluster yet I don't know if the same bulbs will work. I would like to add the transmission temperature gauge which would require a new mask and stepper motor, as well as a sending unit. Most don't sell these parts but would rather sell you a complete upgrade. Dealers and junk yards are also of very little help as they are also in the business of selling complete systems rather than individual parts.

SF

scribble

Reaction score
I think you were quoted for a replacment cluster, $450-650 is what we quote for exchange units from our suppliers.

To just program your new cluster as long as we can get the software to recognize is $112.00

buddlyduddly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dont think that is the right cluster for your ride anyways. You said you have a 2000 and that cluster is a 04 i think. If you look at the sticky section the guy has a pic of the same one and its a 04 cluster.

edit: never mind i see they have that same style for the older years, my bad.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
microfoxdev