Sway bar links and bushings question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazon is no worse than anybody else percentage wise. They account for 40% of online sales and deliver most of than in 2 days. Besides that point, nobody even knows if the parts were fake, defective or installed wrong. Sheesh.
Don’t get offended Captain Rocket. My reply was in no way a personal attack on you. And I’m pretty sure they are much worse than other companies.
As for parts being fake or defective - I can say without a doubt that is completely possible. By simply pointing out this fact, I was doing so (just like we all have in the past), in order to potentially help someone from making the mistake of jumping on some kind of “cyber discount”. It is in no way a cause or reason to stir any pot…don’t read my replies as some snide comment used as fuel to start drama. Even if your stocks plumeted as a result of my reply, it seems odd that one would take offense. It’s the weekend. Smile.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t get offended Captain Bezos. My reply was in no way a personal attack on you. And I’m pretty sure they are much worse than other companies.
As for parts being fake or defective - I can say without a doubt that is completely possible. By simply pointing out this fact, I was doing so (just like we all have in the past), in order to potentially help someone from making the mistake of jumping on some kind of “cyber discount”. It is in no way a cause or reason to stir any pot…don’t read my replies as some snide comment used as fuel to start drama. Even if your stocks plumeted as a result of my reply, it seems odd that one would take offense. It’s the weekend. Smile.
Awww what happened? Did Amazon make you angry? Of course it possible that ANY parts are fake. You made it sound like you were so sure and then went all in. We don’t even know if he bought parts online, much less from Amazon so I’m wondering what happened to make you so angry that you decided to attack a company when the OP never even mentioned where he bought the failed ones from. He might have bought them from his local NAPA. Just because you’re “pretty sure” Amazon is worse than other companies doesn’t mean a thing. You acted like you’re all full of insight as a company insider with your talk of algorithms and such but like I thought you’re just a hater. That’s ok, I’ll be right here to correct your misinformation. I stand behind what I said. No worse than any others, watch for third party sellers, read reviews. Just like every other online retailer. No need to start name calling. Come down off that high horse you’re really not as intelligent as you feel. :)

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, yes we do know if the parts were bought online and yes we do know it was from Amazon. The reason we know is because the reference I made was in regards to a purchase @Tonyrodz made.
Secondly, I was speaking from having some behind the scenes experience (“company insider” as you call it), and was not being a “hater” towards them, but rather pointing out something that is public knowledge. In all the years I’ve been doing business with them, Amazon has done nothing to “make me angry”; I’ve never had a bad experience or an issue that wasn’t corrected with a simple email or phone call.

It’s best for one to control their hypocrisy, if only to prevent themselves from looking so foolish. A keyboard commando cannot make enemies where enemies do not exist - any form or attempt in doing so is childish at best. Where most of us just move forward, ignoring those type of people, an infallible narcissist with a fragile ego will often dig their heels in, rather than taking time to realize the absurdity they had misunderstood.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off, yes we do know if the parts were bought online and yes we do know it was from Amazon. The reason we know is because the reference I made was in regards to a purchase @Tonyrodz made.
Secondly, I was speaking from having some behind the scenes experience (“company insider” as you call it), and was not being a “hater” towards them, but rather pointing out something that is public knowledge. In all the years I’ve been doing business with them, Amazon has done nothing to “make me angry”; I’ve never had a bad experience or an issue that wasn’t corrected with a simple email or phone call.

It’s best for one to control their hypocrisy, if only to prevent themselves from looking so foolish. A keyboard commando cannot make enemies where enemies do not exist - any form or attempt in doing so is childish at best. Where most of us just move forward, ignoring those type of people, an infallible narcissist with a fragile ego will often dig their heels in, rather than taking time to realize the absurdity they had misunderstood.
You seem to have gotten confused somewhere along the way. The OP actually stated he bought these from a local auto parts shop, not Amazon. End of discussion.Once again, what did Amazon to you to make you so set on digging a hole for yourself? Here’s the actual post in case you can’t find it regarding the purchase of the original failed parts. Just stop digging the hole you’re in.
I got them from a local auto parts shop. I believe auto value is the company that runs the family store.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, nothing to say after you realized you should have been talking to yourself, @alpha_omega ? That’s some funny sh*t right there, you have to admit! Especially that quote you inserted in there from an unknown author about being a keyboard commando!

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are less than a year old. GM Delco purchased on Amazon
Those need to be lubed and you can’t over torque them when you’re installing them. If they’re dry like that, they hold onto the sway bar and when it twists they’ll tear. That’s installer error right there. Get some grease on the new ones.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those need to be lubed and you can’t over torque them when you’re installing them. If they’re dry like that, they hold onto the sway bar and when it twists they’ll tear. That’s installer error right there. Get some grease on the new ones.

^^^This. Also, you should use the OE brackets only if you are sure you're getting OE bushings (watch for counterfeit). Size matters: my Moog bushings came with brackets that fit them, so it's best to get the bushings and brackets together in one pkg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elteclas

Latest posts