Sway bar links and bushings question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That I did not. Which would make sense to why it wore out so fast. I’d be happy with the fact of not greasing it caused the failure and not something else.

My Hellwig sway bars came with lube to apply to the bushings.

OP
OP
V

Ventura139

Reaction score
I finally found the time to change my bushings out. What could cause my bushings to look like this after 6 months. Pretty crazy29A24AFB-134A-4AE8-B846-0D1657416CE0.jpeg

Last edited:

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look like you've been doing some "DareDevil Dan" stunt shit! You haven't been putting it up on the two side wheels have you? You know to get around slow poke drivers or to get into that tight parking space at work...Anything like that? LOL!!! Seriously, they looked like mine after 120K miles. You may have gotten counterfeit parts.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Or, depending on your vehicle information, those could have been the incorrect size for the sway bar. I know there are three different sizes for my '04.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally found the time to change my bushings out. What could cause my bushings to look like this after 6 months. Pretty crazyView attachment 281587
They might be the wrong size. Hopefully you bought some poly ones from Energy Suspension, the ones with the grease fittings like I suggested. Mine have been on for 30k or more and still look great. And believe me I drive it hard.

OP
OP
V

Ventura139

Reaction score
They might be the wrong size. Hopefully you bought some poly ones from Energy Suspension, the ones with the grease fittings like I suggested. Mine have been on for 30k or more and still look great. And believe me I drive it hard.
I seen those but haven’t ordered yet. Need to get my transfer case looked at and an estimate done next to decide if I’m going to keep her or try to trade her in.

OP
OP
V

Ventura139

Reaction score
Hopefully, you lubed your sway bar bushings, when you originally installed them.
Question. So I measured the sway bar with a caliper and put in the new bushings but after a week the driver side has some play in it. Should I try and go down to the next size bushings? I used the moog brand again