Swapping intake manifold & throttle body on a 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With an otherwise stock motor, is there any benefit to swapping a truck 6.2L intake and a Corvette/Camaro (I believe) throttle body onto a 5.3L?

I searched and didn't see any info on it. Of course, that could be operator error.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With an otherwise stock motor, is there any benefit to swapping a truck 6.2L intake and a Corvette/Camaro (I believe) throttle body onto a 5.3L?

I searched and didn't see any info on it. Of course, that could be operator error.

Won't fit as they use different heads. There's really nothing better for making torque and horsepower where a heavy truck needs it than the stock intake.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just watching a show where they took a 5.3 and bored it to a 5.7 and put on an ls1 intake and tb but I missed where he talked about the heads. It was Ian Johnson’s new show 4 wheeler.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the others have said, no benefit at all. As James mentioned, the 5.3 has cathedral port heads whereas the 6.2 has square port.

Boring a 5.3 to a 5.7 and running an LS1 intake makes sense since the LS1 is a 5.7 and has cathedral ports. But, the car manifold just shifts the power band up higher in the rev range. On a truck, you're better off running a truck manifold even on an LS1 (or 5.3 bored to LS1 specs).

JJKNIGHT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I'm about to find out!

Getting a GPI Ported L86 Intake with a Katech 87mm TB installed and a tune in January, parts are in.

I'll make sure I post the differences.

JJ

JJKNIGHT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well my new girl, DYNO'd 305/345 at the wheel. Been averaging BEST of 26.5 on the highway. 19 around the house on 93 SU2000.
Stainless Works Headers and xpipe duals installed couple of weeks ago.
Having some sensor issues but I'm working thru it.
She really sounds great though.
JJ

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645