suspesnion and stock wheels issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sixpixels

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I installed the Belltech lowering kity on my '09 tahoe back in March. As soon as i did this i threw on my 24's. Now when I go to put on my stock 18's for the winter and they dont fit. Seems like a bolt from the suspension is hitting the back of the rim, so it cannot be put on all the way.

Any ideas? Does thiss mean i cannot go below 20" wheels for stocks?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sixpixels

Banned
Reaction score
not going to be able to get a pic for a while. The bolt hit the inner part of the rim on an 18" OEM rims. If i put on a 20" rim it would fit.

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is you need to trim it to clear the stock wheels

Here is a quote from the instructions;

When using 17” wheels you must use the supplied nut and lock washer on the lower ball joint then trim the ball joint stud for adequate clearance (illustration 18). Photo 16 shows the backside of the 2509 steering knuckle with a stock 17” wheel. The supplied lock washer and nut should be installed and torqued to 60 ft. lbs. Before the ball joint stud is trimmed. It is recommended that when you remove the lower portion of the stud you leave at least 1/16” of the stud extended out from the nut. It is also recommended that once the stud is trimmed off you use a chisel or punch to score the edge of the threads to prevent any possibility of the nut coming loose (illustration 18).

Here is a link to the instructions

http://docs.belltech.com/2509-888.pdf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denali21