Suspension for 2007-2011 different than 2012-2014?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xBLACKBEARDx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I'm looking to replace my front struts on my 2013 Tahoe, looking for a ready mount, but none are available, but the struts and mounts are the same in the tahoe and silverado for 2007 to 2014. Kyb makes a ready mount for the 2007 to 2011 Tahoe, but not the 2013, they do offer a ready mount for the 2013 silverado anyone know the differences, kyb has been no help with giving an idea on the differences. Gm shows 3 different part numbers on the springs available for those years. I would just do bilstein, but they are on backorder until the end of October.

Thank you for any help

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
So I'm looking to replace my front struts on my 2013 Tahoe, looking for a ready mount, but none are available, but the struts and mounts are the same in the tahoe and silverado for 2007 to 2014. Kyb makes a ready mount for the 2007 to 2011 Tahoe, but not the 2013, they do offer a ready mount for the 2013 silverado anyone know the differences, kyb has been no help with giving an idea on the differences. Gm shows 3 different part numbers on the springs available for those years. I would just do bilstein, but they are on backorder until the end of October.

Thank you for any help

Check your RPO codes in your glove box for suspension codes like...

Z55 - Autoride
Z66
Z71
ZW7 - Premium Smooth Ride

So that we know what your dealing with to start with.

OP
OP
X

xBLACKBEARDx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll check out what I have , it's a lt2, no auto ride, or smooth ride. I was looking for ready mounts for the front, and they are offered from 07 to 11, not the others 12 to 14 though however they have the same struts and mounts for all of those years, none of the manufacturers can tell me the difference, and why there is no catalog offering for the 2012 to 2014.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understood. He’ll be able to tell you what’s different. I have an 07 so he’s going to create a setup for me.

Find NorCal SS on here and start a conversation. He gets back to you quickly.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there should be no difference other than you have MRC or you don't, unless your springs are shot for some strange reason then you can just replace the actual shock, look for the part number on the shock and enter into the rock auto search button, your part number will be something like this

part.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can also just look on the rock auto site by entering you make/model/year there pretty accurate and cheap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish