Supercruise owners, thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DarkHorizon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking forward to my supercruise denali if it ever comes in... The goal is to do almost only highway and light towing with it after its built so supercruise is at the top of my list. Anyone care to comment on their experience having owned and driven with it for an extended period of time? Has anyone towed with it?

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just recently went on a trip with my Ultimate and was able to use the SC function. I really liked it and glad that I have it, first time using it was a little scary when passing vehicles at 75MPH. There is a trust factor that you need to get to in order to be comfortable. A few times the system started to shut down as the lines in the highway were not visible, so you have to be ready to take the wheel at all times. Looking forward to longer trips and using it as it does help with fatigue from driving,

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just recently went on a trip with my Ultimate and was able to use the SC function..
I too am debating on SC..

..but You Tube videos I've watched show the driver sitting like a Zombie: Facing forward, Eyes forward and Hands squarely in the lap the entire video.

Which leads to my curiosity.. how many seconds does SC give you to move your hands from your lap, like to scratch yourself or to adjust the radio, before beeping.. and same question about turning your head to the left or to the right, maybe to sight-see or to chat with your passenger ?

Thanks !!

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have to act like a zombie when it is in use but it does require that you pay attention. You can do anything you like with your hands it is only looking to see if you are facing forward. You can look around if you like and turn your head away for about 4 or 5 seconds I would guess before it gives you a warning. The other thing I really liked is that it did work while wearing sunglasses. I really like SC and it will be a great asset on trips and that is the main reason I purchased this vehicle is for travelling.

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am debating myself. I personally will probably be satisfied with adaptive cruise control. But if the car I get happens to have supercruise I wouldn’t complain.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight, Super Cruse option is only $2200 so something to mull over, I like gadgets and saying that I've done it.

I keep reading that the super-super cruise is coming on some GM vehicles in 2024, but not really understanding what it does to make it worth waiting for ? (Its new given name eludes me at the moment)

/

Last edited:

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight, Super Cruse option is only $2200 so something to mull over, I like gadgets and saying that I've done it.

I keep reading that the super-super cruise is coming on some GM vehicles in 2024, but not really understanding what it does to make it worth waiting for ? (Its new given name eludes me at the moment)

/
The new updated SC will be called Ultra Cruise,

SuperDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking forward to my supercruise denali if it ever comes in... The goal is to do almost only highway and light towing with it after its built so supercruise is at the top of my list. Anyone care to comment on their experience having owned and driven with it for an extended period of time? Has anyone towed with it?

I’ve had my 2023 Denali with SC for 7 days. Love it! I took what I could get from my local dealer’s allocation, which was a fully loaded Denali with the “Reserve” package, which included the SC, which is not an option I was going to order. I’m so glad I’ve now got SC. Just took a 200 mile trip on SC roads, which was great! It took me about 2 minutes to trust the SC. It’s my favorite option, with the Air Suspension a close second.

SuperDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the 2023 Denali’s come with a three year OnStar subscription and free WiFi and data. Rumors are that you have a subscription, which are not true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins

Latest posts