Sunroof Tilt Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, this has been a problem with my Tahoe for a while. The tilt on the sunroof does not work 99.9% of the time. It goes to close all the way and then gets stuck when it goes to tilt up to close. Eventually I can get it to close but it makes a pretty bad snapping sound, like something is bent. It started last summer and I pulled the fuse. Put it back in this week and it worked with the snapping noise for about 5 days before it started not tilting anymore(managed to get it closed again) Any advice?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, this has been a problem with my Tahoe for a while. The tilt on the sunroof does not work 99.9% of the time. It goes to close all the way and then gets stuck when it goes to tilt up to close. Eventually I can get it to close but it makes a pretty bad snapping sound, like something is bent. It started last summer and I pulled the fuse. Put it back in this week and it worked with the snapping noise for about 5 days before it started not tilting anymore(managed to get it closed again) Any advice?
from what I know the plastic gear tracks break and cause a variety of problems, you might try sticking a flashlight and a mirror up in there and see whats up if it's possible to see anything. the surrounding trim piece usually just has clips and comes off

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from what I know the plastic gear tracks break and cause a variety of problems, you might try sticking a flashlight and a mirror up in there and see whats up if it's possible to see anything. the surrounding trim piece usually just has clips and comes off
what clips are you talking about exactly, for the headliner? And I guess I only need to look at the plastic for the tilt, because it slides back and forth just fine.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what clips are you talking about exactly, for the headliner? And I guess I only need to look at the plastic for the tilt, because it slides back and forth just fine.
On my sunroof on my 2012, there's a plastic trim piece that goes around the outside edge of the sunroof/headliner it just clips on and is rectangular shape

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Remove the sunroof glass and inspect the tracks. To remove the glass remove the four torx 25 bolts and the glass pops out. Before loosing up the bolts mark the bolt location with a sharpie this will help you line up the glass when reinstalling.

SpineDock

Reaction score
Any luck this far?!??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972