Sunroof leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zalph

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
drain lines

either the drains are clogged or there is a leak from somewhere else that you are misdiagnosing as a sunroof leak. my service station blew out the lines once and they said there was some muck in there. the problem is that they can also mess up the lines by blowing them out -- they may disconnect or something. if that happens, my local dealer says you're screwed because you have to cut into the vehicle's metal to reattach them. also, there is a thread on this site that says a leak can be caused by a crack in cover to the cabin filter. i haven't figured that one out yet because i thought that was interior, under the glove box. anyway, my tahoe leaks onto the passenger side floor and sometimes into the overhead center console. drives me crazy.

wheatswake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine leaks and dealer says it is supposed to (asked three different service guys at different times).there are drain channels and they made sure they were cleared. i thought i was BS too but thats how it is supposed to work. as long as there is no real leak in headliner i now think its all good.

CREETO

Reaction score
mine leaks slightly only when driving through the high pressure wash rack, and only a tiny bit of water. nothing to make a fuss over.

BogeyBoy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an 01 tahoe. Sunroof leaked. Then I had an 05 Escalade EXT. Sunroof Leaked. Then I got an 08 tahoe for the wife. Refused to let her get the sunroof b/c of leaking issues. Now she's dying to have one so I'm sure the aftermarket will leak just as bad lol. GM sunroof = issues

sanddperformance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think any gm dealer can do warranty on any brand that is gm now. I would take it to a cadillac dealer. They seem to do better work for me then the local chevy dealer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honda 01