Suburban LS base model diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SavageDad

Reaction score
Hi, I know it's old thread, I am selling my 2021 9 seat converted RST diesel w/10k miles as I ordered myself Yukon XL and will redo the conversion again. Are you looking for 9 seat higher trim level Suburban diesel?

You need to do a YouTube instructional video on this conversion.

SavageDad

Reaction score
I understand protecting your child but if ever you were in a situation where that air bag needed to deploy you could be held liable for tampering with the safety equipment. Something to think about.
Held liable by whom? If it's your vehicle and you are the one injured I can't imagine a single governing body that would have legal latitude to come after you.

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If GM for a minute thought they could do without that airbag, it be gone. cost save.

But, If someone other than yourself was hurt I’m sure there’s a Crown Prosecutor somewhere with a lot of time on their hands wanting to know why you’d drive a car that would not pass a safety inspection and in case of death try you for involuntary manslaughter.

without knowing the airbag system myself, disabling one may affect others. even without an error code. something to consider.

Manufacturers get sued for years on end if one airbag fails to deploy.

Weird shit happens.

Last edited:

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That airbag (inboard driver seat) is not installed from the factory when you get the 9-seat config. It's a safety concern to have that airbag deploy if someone were sitting in the center jump seat. Mine was built from the factory with the 9-seat config and it very specifically states 6 airbags vs. 7 airbags on the 8-seat config. What was done here by yukon-xl is nothing more than mimic the factory config.

yukon-xl

Reaction score
That airbag (inboard driver seat) is not installed from the factory when you get the 9-seat config. It's a safety concern to have that airbag deploy if someone were sitting in the center jump seat. Mine was built from the factory with the 9-seat config and it very specifically states 6 airbags vs. 7 airbags on the 8-seat config. What was done here by yukon-xl is nothing more than mimic the factory config.
Yes, GM removes that airbag if you choose 9 seat configuration on LS/SLE trim. So if/when I convert it back to 8 seater to have a console, I will reconnect the airbag. I did it for safety issues to match GM factory/build. I don't think silverado4x4 was aware that from factory that airbag is not there when ordering 9 seat option.

yukon-xl

Reaction score
I could not find one piece all season mat for Suburban/YukonXL with 1st row bench, so I bought a set for Silverado 2019-2022 and it fit, it's a little lose on the hump, but works good.
I also added a clip to front Silverado one piece all weather mat because only drivers side had clips and the mat didn't have anything for front passenger side and it moved around (the oem front passenger side does have a clip, so I only had to add the female portion of the clip to the Silverado mat. The kit came with extra replacement clip so I used one and installed it and now the mat holds good on passenger side. (see pic)
I bought a set of "OEDRO Floor Mats" on Amazon for Suburban/YukonXL and also a set for Silverado to use the front mat from pickup truck: "OEDRO Floor Mats Compatible with 2019-2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500/Sierra1500 Double Cab with 1st Bench Seats"

Attachments

• front mat.JPG
    front mat.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-9392.jpg
    IMG-9392.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-9415.jpg
    IMG-9415.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 10

yukon-xl

Reaction score
Update on my 9 seat conversation, to Bose OEM subwoofer that had to be removed from under the console and does not fit under the jump seat. I was thinking to extend the wire and place it somewhere in the trunk area inside lower storage area, but it was too tall to fit there. So doing some more research I figured out that I can try to get an oem Bose subwoofer from YukonXL Denali that sits behind passenger rear side trim in the trunk. So I ordered it, and today I plugged each one to see how they play and the one from Denali sounds better even at lower volumes. I was worried that because it is a larger sub it may need more power and that Denali 13 speaker Bose probably has more power than my 9 speaker Bose system. Anyways, should be installing it this week. Very happy to gain the bass back! (See pictures of each to compare)

Attachments

• IMG_4995.jpeg
    IMG_4995.jpeg
    631.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4996.jpeg
    IMG_4996.jpeg
    584.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4999.jpeg
    IMG_4999.jpeg
    449.3 KB · Views: 2

yukon-xl

Reaction score
Update on my 9 seat conversation, to Bose OEM subwoofer that had to be removed from under the console and does not fit under the jump seat. I was thinking to extend the wire and place it somewhere in the trunk area inside lower storage area, but it was too tall to fit there. So doing some more research I figured out that I can try to get an oem Bose subwoofer from YukonXL Denali that sits behind passenger rear side trim in the trunk. So I ordered it, and today I plugged each one to see how they play and the one from Denali sounds better even at lower volumes. I was worried that because it is a larger sub it may need more power and that Denali 13 speaker Bose probably has more power than my 9 speaker Bose system. Anyways, should be installing it this week. Very happy to gain the bass back! (See pictures of each to compare)
Final pics: (instead of running the sub wire from front console, I noticed that Bose amp is in the back next to sub location, so I tapped into it)

Attachments

• IMG_5110.jpeg
    IMG_5110.jpeg
    437.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5111.jpeg
    IMG_5111.jpeg
    541.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5090.jpeg
    IMG_5090.jpeg
    495.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5114.jpeg
    IMG_5114.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 4

yukon-xl

Reaction score
Final pics: (instead of running the sub wire from front console, I noticed that Bose amp is in the back next to sub location, so I tapped into it)
Also, when I had left rear side panel removed, I noticed that the green sunroof water drain hose was not installed and was just laying there… even two clips that holds the hose along the pillar was also not pushed in. See pictures. I installed all clips and plugged the hose into the drain hole. See pics. Now just wondering if the right side has same issue…? (On my 2021 Suburban RST diesel that I sold, I had water leaking inside passenger front side during rain and had it repaired by a delaer… looks like they assemble them quick and sloppy)

Attachments

• IMG_5068.jpeg
    IMG_5068.jpeg
    277 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5066.jpeg
    IMG_5066.jpeg
    301.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5116.jpeg
    IMG_5116.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5115.jpeg
    IMG_5115.jpeg