Suburban 2021 LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Izrha

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone here knows about the oil consumption for a suburban 2021, why is this problem and how to fix it? my car is 102000 miles and it burns about 3 quarters every 5000k please helppppp

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In principle, these machines burn oil from a new state. What kind of oil do you have filled

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a 102,000 miles on a roughly 3 year old at max vehicle!? That’s a lot of miles I’m not so much time. It might be some time to R&R the engine and I wouldn’t be surprised that it’s burning a bit of oil.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way, I talked in the service about the oil consumption on the Tahoe K2, with the same 6.2 engine. It's a paradox, but the masters say that when replacing the vacuum brake booster, oil consumption goes to almost 0.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Vladimir I’ve been used the 0w20 which is the one GM recommend.
Hello))) on such a run, I would suggest to fill in 5w30 oil, also with Dexos approval. And watch. The oil consumption will probably drop a little.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone here knows about the oil consumption for a suburban 2021, why is this problem and how to fix it? my car is 102000 miles and it burns about 3 quarters every 5000k please helppppp
Let's get some clarification here:

You said "burns 3 quarters..."

Do you mean it burns 75% of one quart...ie 24 ounces OR, do you mean it burns 3 quarts, meaning 96 ounces every 5000 miles.

If you are at 102k miles and are burning 24 ounces of oil, I would not worry much.
Keep the oil changes to 4-5k miles and move on....
You could consider some products like BG stuff to try to mitigate some carbon in the oil rings, etc...but, this amount of consumption is totally in the normal range....consider inspecting for leaks as well..you could have a slow one on an oil seal, or oil pan, etc...

If you are going through 3 quarts of oil per 5000 miles, I would expect you either have noticeable blue colored smoke coming out the tail pipe, or you have a fairly significant leak somewhere...both of these should be addressed, as your engine will not be reliable for long after this, and you will likely start throwing emissions codes.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork