2021 Suburban no rear heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jgreen84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a 2021 Suburban LT the rear climate control is blowing ice cold with controls set to high heat and when synced with the front controls. Anyone else with this issue ?

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not heard of this issue before in the forum here. Not sure if this might work, but try turning the temp in the rear, all the way to low and let it run for a little bit (30 seconds), then turn the heat all the way to high again. Maybe there is something stuck and that may free up whatever is causing it to blow cold air instead of hot air. Dont know if that would work but worth a shot.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Double check that you are getting coolant flow back there. With the engine up to temp, feel the two rubber hoses going into the aux heater core. It’s underneath on the rear passenger side. You’ll also see the two AC lines for the aux evaporator.

If that’s good, then look into the blend door actuator - could be stuck and not allowing air to flow across the heater core.

OP
OP
J

Jgreen84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Double check that you are getting coolant flow back there. With the engine up to temp, feel the two rubber hoses going into the aux heater core. It’s underneath on the rear passenger side. You’ll also see the two AC lines for the aux evaporator.

If that’s good, then look into the blend door actuator - could be stuck and not allowing air to flow across the heater core.
I will check that tomorrow!

Burbs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you figure this out? I have the exact same thing going on with no rear heat in my 2021 Chevy Suburban Premier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660