Stupid mistake.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txsmainevent

"The Lurker"
Reaction score
Ok just put my new rubber and mounted my 24's, sorry bout the cell phone pics ill get some good quality ones. And yeah i plan on lowering it like 1'' up front and 3'' in the rear.

Problem is when i turn hard right my front tire rubs the inner fender well. So i decided to notch it out, and bein careless in a rush i accident put a small cut in the windshield washer tank:emotions122:. Bought some plastic jb weld and plan on repair before replacing. Also i know the center caps are pretty brittle around the screw mounting hole so im goin to re-enforce those while im at it. And plan on buyin some duplicolor factory match paint to paint the center caps to match the truck. Still need to do a lil more trimming. It doesnt rub when i turn left tho for some odd reason. And i just added a gps, sucked up my man pride and bought one...... what was i waitin on? this is a damn good investment:party33:....dont really care for the mount type so its time to "create" a custom mount setup......

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
ooks good Matching the center caps will diff look good IMO, what year is your Hoe if 2003 to 06 the Cubby hole bottom right on the dash Maybe?? Depending on size of course.

OP
OP
T

txsmainevent

"The Lurker"
Reaction score
naw its a 02. no cubby hole. ill figure it out. hate the cords hangin around. anybody have a issue with runnin 295-40-24s? as far as rubbin? i needed somethin wit some sidewall. roads are so terrible here in va, looks like they tried to patch the ground by shooting asphalt from the other side of the highway....

haehlSt0rm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im runnin 285/40/r24s. the only issue i have is some minor rubbing on the front drivers side, ONLY in reverse. its not really enough of an issue for me to trim anything. other than that, no issues at all. roads arent very good where im at and wanted a little more sidewall as well.

OP
OP
T

txsmainevent

"The Lurker"
Reaction score
im runnin 285/40/r24s. the only issue i have is some minor rubbing on the front drivers side, ONLY in reverse. its not really enough of an issue for me to trim anything. other than that, no issues at all. roads arent very good where im at and wanted a little more sidewall as well.

thats the exactly where its rubbin and when. so i just trimmed it and now no more issues....

TqMnster

Reaction score
I have a bit of rubbing with my 26's but not enough to concern me. 305/30/26 I think and roads are crap here in NC as well. I try to just drive slower and be very vigilant as well.

If you do any kind of traveling then GPS's are def worth their weight in gold! I've always hated driving it big cities and all but with this thing I'll go bout anywhere now lol. I just use my phone for gps (droid) and I bought my wife one a while back but she has a droid as well so the garmin has basically been retired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper