Stuff sliding off the front seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonYYC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had a new-to-me Yukon for a few weeks now and one thing I notice is that nothing wants to stay on the front seat. Whether it be paperwork, takeout, a jacket or whatever - the slightest bit of braking and everything slides right off and on to the floor.

Now of course, the easy option is to just put in on the floor from the start. But when I'm on a long solo road trip I like to have some snacks there next to me or to just throw some mail there or whatever. Maybe I just need to adjust how I use it, but has anyone else been annoyed by this or does anyone have a solution?

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha. Yeah this happens to me also, i had to get something out of my lunch box and left it open just to have it slide and spill onto the floor...

i havent found a way to prevent it except for trying to grab it before it falls but then it also takes more attention away from the road so not the best plan. I guess you can find a container and buckle it in.

OP
OP
YukonYYC

YukonYYC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ha. Yeah this happens to me also, i had to get something out of my lunch box and left it open just to have it slide and spill onto the floor...

i havent found a way to prevent it except for trying to grab it before it falls but then it also takes more attention away from the road so not the best plan. I guess you can find a container and buckle it in.

That's a good idea!

Lean the seat back a little and raise the front of the base... and stop taking turns so hard or slamming on the brakes. :)

Haha I really don't drive it that hard! I blame the detailers who cleaned the seat so well when I bought it! lol But yeah, I will try adjusting the seat and see if that helps.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember how I learned not to Armor-All a vinyl bench seat... Took a turn and slid to the other side of the truck.... glad I didn't crash!
On the other side of that coin, it sure came in handy when I Armor-All'd the passenger half of the bench seat and had a gal in the vehicle. Take a hard right turn and whoop-there she is!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727