Stock wheels on lift kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much truth is there in that you can’t run stock wheels on a lift kit? I need a temporary setup while I decide what to do with my 22x14s/375s. I have a set of Texas edition 20s in the garage and some 35x12.50r20s. Will running them give me issues or will the backspacing be fine? Is the disclaimer just to encourage people to get higher offset wheels once their vehicle is lifted?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
technically there is some truth to the the thought. im not sure what will or wont fit but a typical slight negative of most lift setups is when the front gets lifted the hub will get pulled in slightly. when the suspension raises the front the a arms are a fixed length attached to the frame that doesn't move so the outer part of the a arm where the ball joints are lower. since they are fixed length it will pull the wheel inward. some suspension kits go with subframe kits or different a arms or a replacement knuckle to correct the angle change and such. mostly meant to take the added angle back out of the front shafts so they dont wear faster.

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
technically there is some truth to the the thought. im not sure what will or wont fit but a typical slight negative of most lift setups is when the front gets lifted the hub will get pulled in slightly. when the suspension raises the front the a arms are a fixed length attached to the frame that doesn't move so the outer part of the a arm where the ball joints are lower. since they are fixed length it will pull the wheel inward. some suspension kits go with subframe kits or different a arms or a replacement knuckle to correct the angle change and such. mostly meant to take the added angle back out of the front shafts so they dont wear faster.
Okay cool that makes sense, thanks for explaining it

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I put it to the test today and they ended up working. Almost too close for comfort but they do clear. I may end up adding spacers in the future to add more space between the wheel and the spindle in the front, and also in the back so the wheels aren't tucked so far in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz