stock wheel paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got no replys in exterior section so i figured i would give the gen. a shot... so here it goes

so i know i might get bashed for this, but i was wondering if anyone has panted their stock denali wheels... i have the 22's but i wear the stock wheels in the winter time with some beefy a/t tires. i was considering blacking out my stock denali 17's... any opinions? anyone done it and have pictures?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah people do it, some use the black police wheels as winter wheel also.
Its actually a good idea, jusst powdercoat and not Auto Zone rattle can spray it and you should be good to go.
Dont think it would run over $100 a wheel....

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
I haven't done it to my Denali wheels, but I have spray bombed some wheels in the past. I would think you'd have to sand, with a machine, or strip the chrome plating off the stock wheels. Also as Nnaboy said powdercoating is an option, but check prices if you go that way. Most places charge to prep the wheels so it may be more than $100 wheel.

OP
OP
T

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wheels i have dont look chrome... i thought they were just polished alloy... if they are just alloy i can use some etching primer and go at it with the spray gun... and i got prices for my 22's to be powdercoated and they said about 80 a wheel...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts