Stock Navigation with Bose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonesie26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey gents i've seen a lot of helpful tips since i've been in here. Now I'm having a issue with my stock navigation. It doesn't work at all. You hit the nav button and it says install the nav disc. The disc has been in there since i bought the truck 2 yrs ago. I bought it new from the dealer. This is a pain in the ass especially driving thru DC and i don't know the area to well. Anyone ever have this issue or problem. OR better yet a solution to this annoying problem.

I'm considering putting something aftermarket in there to replace it all. I'm just not sure if you need to keep the stock radio in there for anything related to that hybrid battery. Any positive advice is appreciated. :emotions122:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Ron,

As a DC resident I cringe at folks trying to make their way through this city without nav. There are some spots you really don't want to end up in.

But I'm wondering ... since you bought your truck new a couple of years ago, if the nav is busted, the dealer should replace it under warranty.

Have you tried to put another nav disc in?

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Oh and to answer your question ... you can put whatever aftermarket double din nav system you want to replace the oem one. But you will lose the Hybrid drive display. It doesn't affect anything on the truck, but for some reason when you go to sell the truck, folks are fascinated by watching that thing while they drive. It's like they've got to see it on a screen to believe it. :shrug:

OP
OP
J

Jonesie26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I agree about being lost in DC. Luckily i was in northwest. Georgetown area. Yes I've tried to put the other disc in still says install Nav disc. I called the dealership and its out of warranty. Even the extended warranty I brought doesn't cover it. So i'm really asking myself what the hell did I pay for. The warranty only covers powertrain,engine and a bunch of shit that hardly never goes bad

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

I'm really considering putting my tablet in there. In place of the nav system. Just not sure whats all involved

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hold on a sec ... your dealer might be jerking you around.

The drivetrain warranty on our trucks is 60/100000, the emissions is 96/80000, corrosion is 72/100000, Hybrid components is 96/80000, and the basic bumper to bumper is 36/36000 from date of delivery. We know you've owned it less than 3 years, do you have more than 36k miles on her?

If not, the the dealer HAS to replace the nav under warranty.

Heck, a lot of dealers will replace a busted nav even if the warranty has expired by a few miles.

I think it may be time for you to contact GM customer service directly ... a few of their agents come by this forum every once in a while, saw one recently on greenhybrid.com, hopefully one can also help you out.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jonesie26,

Could you please provide additional information? What is the year and model of the vehicle?

Louis
GM Customer Service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts