Stock muffler size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bootlegfab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figure since I don't mind the look of the semi hidden exhaust tip, I would just order up the aftermarket muffler of my choice and have my local exhaust shop scab it in. Does anyone know the approximate specs of the factory muffler? Inlet and outlet size as well as if it's center in/out or off set and how long it is. Thank you, I'm picking up the Tahoe tomorrow afternoon and can't wait.

OP
OP
B

Bootlegfab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Got a stock sized magna flow muffler installed today. No real difference in noise due to the resonator still at the end of the tail pipe. Hard to tell if there's any difference in performance, didn't expect much though. Seems to take off at part throttle a bit quicker or maybe it's all in my head.

kelleys4057

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE: Got a stock sized magna flow muffler installed today. No real difference in noise due to the resonator still at the end of the tail pipe. Hard to tell if there's any difference in performance, didn't expect much though. Seems to take off at part throttle a bit quicker or maybe it's all in my head.

Did you notice any difference in the sound and fuel efficiency? What about removing the resonator and using a straight pipe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA