Sticker in the door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You Denali guys are loaded down with creature comforts, mine is almost 1500 pounds, more than most pickups being sold today.

Amaster, do you have K5L on your RPO sheet?

I'm guessing if he's saying his tow limit is 5000 lbs, he has the 3.08 axle(s). That's the Kiss of Death for tow ratings.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can increase the load capacity just get XL rated tires, it's no different than putting higher load rating tires on a trailer for better towing

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can increase the load capacity just get XL rated tires, it's no different than putting higher load rating tires on a trailer for better towing
Tires don't magically increase your payload or tow rating. For most half-ton SUVs, the limiting factor is usually something other than the tires. For one, that weak-ass semifloater rear axle. Second, the crappy half-ton braking system.

On my 3/4-ton Suburban, the limiting factor on my rear axle weight rating is actually the tires. The axle itself is rated to 8600 lbs, but my RAWR is 5500 lbs. In other vehicles with the same axle, the RAWR is 6036 lbs, which is exactly 2x the 3018-lb load rating of a 245/75/16 E load tire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts