Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stumbled across these looking for something different for my 2015 GMC Yukon XL Grille. I have looked at a huge number of complete grille replacements, but the project intimidates me (in spite of watching many "how-to" videos) and the idea of popping the plastic pieces out of the grille, removing bolts and washers from the fender, bumpers and wheel wells is just "too much" for my delicate psyche. LOL-
I found a variety of these, ranging in prices from 150.00+ down to 12.00 on eBay. Obviously, anything on eBay for 12.00 dollars claiming to be chrome is more than likely plastic and won't last a season stuck to the grille of the truck.
The notion of attaching some metal "covers" over the existing grille may just be the stop-gap I'm looking for, until I work up the nerve to go with a true grille swap, anyone have any experience with these or tried them out?
How did they come out?
Amazon.com: Meyffon Grill Inserts Chrome Grille Overlay for 2015-2020 GMC Yukon XL Snap On Grill Cover 4 Piece: Automotive

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it’s got 2 five star reviews. Sorry. For $89 and your sanity it’s worth a shot. I’m assuming your current grill is black?

OP
OP
WTSHARK

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it’s got 2 five star reviews. Sorry. For $89 and your sanity it’s worth a shot. I’m assuming your current grill is black?
LOL- Truer words my friend. I've got the factory black, (or far grey) plastic grille with the chrome borders. I was thinking about adding the "stick-on" inserts to dress it up a bit, ironically I wasn't really looking for the chrome, but a blacked out version, to black out my grille. Granted, I could paint it all black out, (or just bite the bullet and have an after-market grille installed) but I wondered if anyone on the site had tried/had any experience with these.

Thanks for the feedback- I'll keep pondering. Yukon2020.jpg

Yukon2020.jpg Yukon2020.jpg

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, with your rig black makes sense but IMO a little chrome here and there breaks it up and looks good.