stereo help!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All you need is the standard 1858 harness from Metra, wire up the remote turn on wire from your deck to the blue wire on the metra harness and the pink wire on the secondary harness.

OP
OP
B

benztrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you have the wrong harness. the other 9 pin harness is for the on star ( if you have it) the correct part number is GMOS-11 from metra 2000 GMC YUKON 4DR SUV WITH STANDARD AUDIO SYSTEM. Hope this helps

I looked at that one, but mine does not have on star..... Do I still need this kit even though I don't have on star?

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

All you need is the standard 1858 harness from Metra, wire up the remote turn on wire from your deck to the blue wire on the metra harness and the pink wire on the secondary harness.

That is the one I have, so I'll try connecting the red/pink wire on the secondary harness to the blue remote wire.....

Jamison

Chevy Fan
Reaction score
#*#*# benztrk, I had the same prob with mine. I wired the pink wire on the harness that's not hooked to anything to the yellow wire on the stereo. The same wire that signals the radio to be on when the key is turned. I tried the blue wire first and it didn't work me either for some odd reason.

OP
OP
B

benztrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#*#*# benztrk, I had the same prob with mine. I wired the pink wire on the harness that's not hooked to anything to the yellow wire on the stereo. The same wire that signals the radio to be on when the key is turned. I tried the blue wire first and it didn't work me either for some odd reason.

Ok, so pink wire to yellow remote wire?????

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ok, so pink wire to yellow remote wire?????

The red wire is the acc wire that turns the radio on/off with the key in pre 02 models.
Yellow on the deck and aftermarket harness is constant +12vdc and is the actual supply voltage for the deck.
If you connect the pink wire to the yellow wire, then the stock amp will stay on and eventually drain your battery.

OP
OP
B

benztrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so pink to blue......
Didn't have time last night, will try that tonight. Thanks JK

OP
OP
B

benztrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got it working....... Now I need to find a good (decent priced) double din. I hate the flip out in this truck. Sticks out of the dash way to much. Anyone have any advice for a double din? Looking for a touch screen, not a big fan of the button and such on the face.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ttowntoehead

Latest posts