steering wheel / clockspring wiring diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2015TahoePPV

Reaction score
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 2015 PPV steering wheel/ clockspring circuit?

I put a leather wheel with buttons in my truck, the cruise still works, but I've lost my backlighting on the steering wheel. I wasn't expecting the radio buttons or the cluster function buttons to work, and they don't. I added an aftermarket stereo and an iDatlink Maestro decoder, and it doesn't work either.

I bought the harness doctor LIN bus wire and hooked it up, didn't help. The next suggested step was a new clockspring. The only clock springs that I can find online are for one "with" or "without" the heated steering wheel. I'm wondering why there isn't an option for one without the radio buttons.

Can someone share the diagram or circuit theory so I can understand how this will work before I spend more money?

thanks!

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 2015 PPV steering wheel/ clockspring circuit?

I put a leather wheel with buttons in my truck, the cruise still works, but I've lost my backlighting on the steering wheel. I wasn't expecting the radio buttons or the cluster function buttons to work, and they don't. I added an aftermarket stereo and an iDatlink Maestro decoder, and it doesn't work either.

I bought the harness doctor LIN bus wire and hooked it up, didn't help. The next suggested step was a new clockspring. The only clock springs that I can find online are for one "with" or "without" the heated steering wheel. I'm wondering why there isn't an option for one without the radio buttons.

Can someone share the diagram or circuit theory so I can understand how this will work before I spend more money?

thanks!
look here

OP
OP
2015TahoePPV

2015TahoePPV

Reaction score
is there a specific chapter you're referring to that would be helpful?

tlittle328

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
look here
IMG_3166.jpegsearch for this PDF. Over 1200 pages

tlittle328

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

thanks!
IMG_3165.jpeg

OP
OP
2015TahoePPV

2015TahoePPV

Reaction score
Just an update. I changed the clockspring as was suggested, but that hasn't restored the lights to my cruise swith, and the RH cluster control buttons don't light either. So far I've added the Harness Dr. LIN bus circuit and an idatalink Maestro controller for my Alpine stereo. The Maestro comes with a dual sided adapter which intercepts the wires between the dash harness and the clockspring. I was hoping that the signal tap it took there would allow it to interpret the different resistances from the steering wheel buttons, but there's still something missing. I'm attaching pics of the different steering wheel plugs for color references.

image0(4).jpegimage1(16).jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts