Steering Question - belt noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChoochCharlie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know I need a steering speed sensor on my Yukon. Same steering wheel shutter on my newtome Suburban, but not as bad.

But on the Suburban, I have a belt squeal from a stop, but only when turning.
Replaced the belt and idler pulley. Spun the water pump, power steering and tensioner pulley while the belt was off and they were all smooth. The idler pulley on the other hand was rough. Glad I bought one.
The new belt helped as the squeal is almost gone, but still there when starting from a stop into a turn.

Could it be the power steering pump? Fluid is proper level.
Could it be the water pump starting to seize up? The water pump pulley is rusty like the truck sat a lot before I got it, with some polished spots like the belt slipped on those spots.

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steering

Had same problem with my truck replaced belt and idler pulley and tension. Still squeaked but wasn't as bad. Ended up noticing my power steering pulley was sunk was to deep and out of line. So like the gentlemen said before I'd check that hopefully it fixes it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557