Steering Position Sensor Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
On my 2005 Z71 I just installed new wheels and tires and the wheels did not have the TPMS sensors on them and every time I start I get that message and I just clear it and it stays out till I do a restart.

In your case: sensor bad or a fault in the system. You have any codes or just the TPMS warning? If I remember right, your Tech 2 should be able to pinpoint. Others will chime in if I am wrong.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0(44).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(44).jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 1
  • imagejpeg_0(46).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(46).jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 1
  • imagejpeg_0(47).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(47).jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 2
  • imagejpeg_0(48).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(48).jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 2
  • imagejpeg_1(49).jpg
    imagejpeg_1(49).jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same wheels, same positions, no codes, just had battery disconnected while changing out the steering wheel position sensor.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2005 Z71 I just installed new wheels and tires and the wheels did not have the TPMS sensors on them and every time I start I get that message and I just clear it and it stays out till I do a restart.

In your case: sensor bad or a fault in the system. You have any codes or just the TPMS warning? If I remember right, your Tech 2 should be able to pinpoint. Others will chime in if I am wrong.
You made that look too easy! I wouldn't have thought to go the extra steps to completely remove the steering column. You're a pro for sure. So, look at these two sensors, the one o20210609_110154.jpgn the right is made in China and failed day two. The one on the left is made in Japan. (The one I installed today) So do you suppose the Chinese one was a counterfeit?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You made that look too easy! I wouldn't have thought to go the extra steps to completely remove the steering column. You're a pro for sure. So, look at these two sensors, the one oView attachment 281477n the right is made in China and failed day two. The one on the left is made in Japan. (The one I installed today) So do you suppose the Chinese one was a counterfeit?

The one on the right is a Dorman.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How can you tell? Made in China?

The Dorman icon, the flying V or whatever it's called. Not OE.

EDIT: some Dorman products are guaranteed for life, so you may want to see if you can get a refund.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts