Stabilitrak and Reduced Engine Power in 2013 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

herbert77060

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2013 Tahoe stopped in an extended drive-thru line and in backed up traffic. The Stabilitrak Indicator came on and said Stabilitrak Off. The engine was running and in gear but the vehicle would not move. I turned off the vehicle and let it sit for a while (to the chagrin of those behind me) and then started it back up and it drove fine. Please help me figure out what is happening. This has happened twice within the last 30 days.

I also noticed the battery/voltage indicator was registering below what it should have been the second time it happened. The battery/voltage indicator dropped this morning while driving normally.

Thank you for any help.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2013 Tahoe stopped in an extended drive-thru line and in backed up traffic. The Stabilitrak Indicator came on and said Stabilitrak Off. The engine was running and in gear but the vehicle would not move. I turned off the vehicle and let it sit for a while (to the chagrin of those behind me) and then started it back up and it drove fine. Please help me figure out what is happening. This has happened twice within the last 30 days.

I also noticed the battery/voltage indicator was registering below what it should have been the second time it happened. The battery/voltage indicator dropped this morning while driving normally.

Thank you for any help.
Possibly the symptoms of a bad ground or a bad (internally corroded) battery cable. Search this site for "big 3 upgrade" for more info. How old is the battery?

OP
OP
H

herbert77060

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Possibly the symptoms of a bad ground or a bad (internally corroded) battery cable. Search this site for "big 3 upgrade" for more info. How old is the battery?
I am not certain how ol the battery is. i purchased the Tahoe in October of 2022.. I was thinking about heading to an auto parts store and have them check it for me. Thank you for your reply.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not certain how ol the battery is. i purchased the Tahoe in October of 2022.. I was thinking about heading to an auto parts store and have them check it for me. Thank you for your reply.
A bad cell in a battery can cause all kinds of weirdness in these trucks along the lines of what you're describing, as can weak/corroded grounds and battery cables. Good luck!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the battery to a local parts store with a bench battery load tester (battery comes out for the test).

OP
OP
H

herbert77060

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So far so good guys since i replaced the battery. I have not had a situation where I had to sit in a line and idle for a long period yet.

OP
OP
H

herbert77060

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well guys it appears the problem is the Powertrain Control Module. The code is P0601. I went to two different places for the to scan and the report was the same.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys it appears the problem is the Powertrain Control Module. The code is P0601. I went to two different places for the to scan and the report was the same.

Voltage swings wreak havoc with the electronics. Replacing the battery helped, but if it was my truck, I'd be checking the alternator and battery again. I'd say a bad alternator is more likely than a problem with the PCM chip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN