Stabilitrack and traction control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I get 3 things that pop up on the scanner $07E8. $07EA. And $07EB

Those aren't GMT-900 codes. An advanced scan tool like a Snap-On Solus or Tech-2 can read Chassis and Body module codes. If you get access to one, have the person also check the condition of the battery, it's Open Circuit Voltage and State of Charge. A four year old battery is ancient and a bad cell in a battery can cause all kinds of electrical gremlins.

OP
OP
A

Andynyr1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Those codes look more like module addresses than trouble codes, but I could be wrong. What type of scan tool was used?
Yeah they are modular codes but when I try to research them online I can’t find anything. Thank you for responding

Cake86D

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey i was getting this message alot just before the afm/dod lifter in cylinder 4 stuck open causing a loud tick and misfire. I had the afm/dod program removed through an ebay tune. That stopped the constant on/off stabilitrak message. Now i need to replace my o ring on the pick up tube to remedy the cavitation issue that caused the lifter to stick open. Dont know if that helps but i hope it does! PSA....I hope everyone here knows to check vlom or valley plate bolts (most are loose) also a huge potential cause of low oil pressure. Lots of you tube videos on it.

JeffL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds familiar... when I was freaking the hell out 2 months after getting my truck and all sorts of codes were popping up.

I’ll bet 2 shots of 15 year whiskey it’s the battery!
Or 37 other things.

07yukonguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was getting Stabilitrack and Traction Control faults at random times. Hard shift, not running well (limp mode?) Had it checked out at Midas. Only codes were for air fuel something or other. (Been a while) I cleaned the air intake manifold, mass airflow sensor and problem solved! The manifold was quite dirty (oily). Now I clean it a couple of times a year and have no problems.

Bill Hayes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a 2007 silvy z71. Same codes. It was the brake light switch. Cruise control also didn't work till i replaced the switch.

goodoleboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2015 Tahoe experienced the same, StabiliTrak function was inoperative, flashing messages on the center screen and finally shutting down
and not able to restart the engine for at least 5 minutes. After two trips to the dealer, they said that a module in the radio had to be reset. It works fine now. GM came out with an announcement in 2014 about this problem and said this would be fixed at no charge,looks like I'll have to ask the dealer for a refund after being charged $165.00. Good Luck

norcalboon

Reaction score
My 2015 Tahoe experienced the same, StabiliTrak function was inoperative, flashing messages on the center screen and finally shutting down
and not able to restart the engine for at least 5 minutes. After two trips to the dealer, they said that a module in the radio had to be reset. It works fine now. GM came out with an announcement in 2014 about this problem and said this would be fixed at no charge,looks like I'll have to ask the dealer for a refund after being charged $165.00. Good Luck

What was that announcement? Do you have a reference? Just curious as I had those very same issues along with intermittent Service SB/TC. Only had a stored code related to the steering position sensor so I replaced that, cleaned the throttle body and MAF, checked the major grounds and battery connections, and also replaced the negative battery cable (battery was newish) and so far haven't seen them anymore, but it's only been a couple of months. Probably should have done one by one to try and isotate, but all that was pretty easy stuff so I just did it all at once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700