Stabilitrack and traction control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andynyr1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My service Stabilitrack and traction control lights keep coming on. I can clear them but then they come back. I have had a few times in the past week my battery had been dead. Anyone else have this issue? Thank you!!!!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My service Stabilitrack and traction control lights keep coming on. I can clear them but then they come back. I have had a few times in the past week my battery had been dead. Anyone else have this issue? Thank you!!!!
First off, welcome to the forum from Iowa.

How are you clearing them? Are you able to read any codes on a scan tool? If you have codes, what are they? Autozone will read your codes for free if you don’t have a OBD2 scan tool. Just make sure they give you a print out of the codes they pull.

Under what conditions do the lights come on?

Any work done recently to your vehicle prior to this happening?

How old is your battery?

These vehicles hate low voltage and bad grounds.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

How are you clearing them? Are you able to read any codes on a scan tool? If you have codes, what are they? Autozone will read your codes for free if you don’t have a OBD2 scan tool. Just make sure they give you a print out of the codes they pull.

How old is your battery?

Let the Inquisition begin....

Luie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did this a couple of years ago. Scanned it to find out it was a faulty rear speed sensor.

OP
OP
A

Andynyr1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

How old is your battery?

How old is your battery?

The on off switch that turns the stabilitrack and traction control on and off but it doesn’t always allow me to do that. I used a code reader and nothing comes up. And I would assume the battery is around 4 years old I just got this truck 2 years ago. I haven’t had anything done to it since I got it. Just the normal oil change and brakes That’s about it. Thank you for replying

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds familiar... when I was freaking the hell out 2 months after getting my truck and all sorts of codes were popping up.

I’ll bet 2 shots of 15 year whiskey it’s the battery!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The on off switch that turns the stabilitrack and traction control on and off but it doesn’t always allow me to do that. I used a code reader and nothing comes up. And I would assume the battery is around 4 years old I just got this truck 2 years ago. I haven’t had anything done to it since I got it. Just the normal oil change and brakes That’s about it. Thank you for replying

You may need to get a higher end scan tool that can read more codes like ABS and SRS because there most likely is a code or two associated with the messages.

As has already been mentioned, bad speed sensors can cause this, as well as a bad steering wheel position sensor, and host of other things like a bad battery like Paul just suggested. If your battery is 4 years old, take it to Autozone and have them test it and also have them scan for codes.

OP
OP
A

Andynyr1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You may need to get a higher end scan tool that can read more codes like ABS and SRS because there most likely is a code or two associated with the messages.

As has already been mentioned, bad speed sensors can cause this, as well as a bad steering wheel position sensor, and host of other things like a bad battery like Paul just suggested. If your battery is 4 years old, take it to Autozone and have them test it and also have them scan for codes.

When I get 3 things that pop up on the scanner $07E8. $07EA. And $07EB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA