Stabilitrac issue after new rear brake lines were installed, theory correct?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jimweis

jimweis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim,

I’ve been lurking on this forum nearly as long as you have, and I’ve never seen this scenario described before. Nice to be able to prove that your theory’s correct no matter how unique. I don’t have stabilitrack on the 02 so I think my rear brake lines are different. I thought when I changed to braided stainless a couple years ago that I had one line going to the back then it splits above the spare to the 2 corners. Can’t really swap that accidentally

Glad you figured it out
I learned more than I wanted to with this, the 4WD Tahoe only has one rear port out of the ABS unit the AWD system has two. The AWD system is absolutely helpless with out the ABS system applying brakes to the slipping wheel. The system has 3 open differentials front, rear & center. When one wheel spins without the assist the other three just sit still. This is why I suspected my lines were switched, it was helpless on the snow. Without Stabilitrac you get a limited slip or locking differential in the rear and clutches in the transfer case to transfer the power.
I purchased mine used in 2009 from a Chevy dealer, they said they had never seen another AWD Tahoe. This High-Low no clutch Borg Warner transfer case resides in Hummers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645