Squeaking in headliner ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coobie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Purchased 2020 Yukon Denali we have a squeaking noise in the headliner.When I push up on it near the dome light it stops.Any suggestions??Thanks.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny timing, I had the windshield replaced on my 17 Yukon yesterday, got a stone chip on the highway that turned into an 8” crack within a couple hours. Anyway, started driving after the windshield replacement and the headliner was making an obnoxious squeaking noise with every little bump in the road. I was pushing on everything up there, would stop then come right back, started banging on everything, no luck. Finally figured out that the corner of the headliner, where it’s really stiff, at the passenger corner was tight up again the new windshield glass. And I mean really tight. Pulled the a-pillar cover off, diagonal cutters to that corner of the headliner (just a small cut) and noise gone. Might be worth a try

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Got some critters up there doing the nasty and they stop when you push on the headliner near them. You are interrupting their ****** bliss! :hump:

OP
OP
C

Coobie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Follow up to this thread.Took it in ended up to much glue rubbing the headliner next to the sunroof.Reglued and repaired according to the tech.Squeak gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick