Squatting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first post here, so I thought I'd make it good.

My wife has had a 2004 Yukon XL for the past 11 years. That car has been very reliable since we've had it and although we have had a few issues over the years it's never left us stranded. Recently my wife has graduated to an Escalade so I've been driving her old Yukon.

I love the look and feel of this car so I've been looking to replace it with shorter version with 4-wheel drive. I've been looking mostly at Facebook marketplace and there doesn't seem to be a shortage. I found one looked like it was in great shape but the back end was squatting down making the front stand several inches higher. I messaged the guy for details and asked him if there was a suspension problem with the back. He immediately wrote me back and insulted me and said my wife was in the back. It pissed me off at first but looking back it was funny...still, I blocked and reported the guy for some of this choice words.

So that's my question... Is making the back lower a new thing with trucks and cars these days? It looks terrible to me but to each his own.

Great board by the way... :)

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Mike.

Yes, some guys like the rear end lower than the front but I have no idea why. Most folks here will go with level or the rear slightly higher than the front.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My wife has had a 2004 Yukon XL for the past 11 years. That car has been very reliable since we've had it and although we have had a few issues over the years it's never left us stranded. Recently my wife has graduated to an Escalade so I've been driving her old Yukon.

I love the look and feel of this car so I've been looking to replace it with shorter version with 4-wheel drive. I've been looking mostly at Facebook marketplace and there doesn't seem to be a shortage. I found one looked like it was in great shape but the back end was squatting down making the front stand several inches higher. I messaged the guy for details and asked him if there was a suspension problem with the back. He immediately wrote me back and insulted me and said my wife was in the back. It pissed me off at first but looking back it was funny...still, I blocked and reported the guy for some of this choice words.

So that's my question... Is making the back lower a new thing with trucks and cars these days? It looks terrible to me but to each his own.

they used the wrong shocks and use the dollar store ones
or they are blown out
(if it had nivomat shocks you have to replace the springs) this could cause stability issues..with the SUV

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Exactly what Wade said...

Yes, believe it or not, it's a thing. Most closely associated with California (sometimes called Cali lean), but also fairly prevalent in some SE hill country (Carolina Squat).

Most here call it squatting and frown upon it. Google image Tahoe squat for a good laugh.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly what Wade said...

Yes, believe it or not, it's a thing. Most closely associated with California (sometimes called Cali lean), but also fairly prevalent in some SE hill country (Carolina Squat).

Most here call it squatting and frown upon it. Google image Tahoe squat for a good laugh.

Ha! That was a good laugh. I even found another thread of someone talking about the exact same thing. Oh well, if it makes you happy, do it.