Spohn arms with johny joints or long travel rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the health issues. When I was planning to redo my rear suspension I wasn’t very impressed with Spohn stuff. Not to say it’s bad but just looked like it was thrown together in a way.
I knew what I wanted done and found an awesome local off-road fabricator. Here’s the YouTube video he did while making my rear links. No issues since except on but came loose and I re-tighten it. A much more planted and secure feeling across all surfaces of driving.

Too funny I just watched that video.
He did a great job the end result is incredible. I just wished he used better lighting haha.

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are solid, may need to call him! I have all kinds of clunks on my Spohns after two years. Started off tight and nice, over the last 6 months most gained movement.

DesertRat

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the health issues. When I was planning to redo my rear suspension I wasn’t very impressed with Spohn stuff. Not to say it’s bad but just looked like it was thrown together in a way.
I knew what I wanted done and found an awesome local off-road fabricator. Here’s the YouTube video he did while making my rear links. No issues since except on but came loose and I re-tighten it. A much more planted and secure feeling across all surfaces of driving.

Which rear shocks are you running?

Marshall 008

Reaction score
Which rear shocks are you running?
I think they are the Bilstein 5162’s. Can’t recall from the couch. lol. They have the bypasses but they won’t be on for much longer. Going to switch to some Fox 2.5’s with external reservoirs.

Marshall 008

Reaction score
Those are solid, may need to call him! I have all kinds of clunks on my Spohns after two years. Started off tight and nice, over the last 6 months most gained movement.
I only had to tighten one of the link nuts once. No issues so far. I am going to switch out the hiem joints on the trak bar to some ballistic joints. Same as the Johnny joints just different name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan