Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally found time to get the new clock spring and the steering wheel in. Also cut out the dash trim for my DIC switch and had the cutting wheel break, pretty much ruined an otherwise perfect cut for the trim. It's beyond salvageable, without gluing on some sort of plastic piece on the face of the trim. It'll be easier to just buy the dash trim.

20170909_115021.jpg 20170909_121243.jpg 20170909_123213.jpg 20170909_123456.jpg

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wheel looks good, I wish I had bought new versus used, oh well. now you will have to find dash piece without woodgrain.
Worse case I'll just take it all out and paint it, fab something up for the face of the DIC switch and be done with it.

Speaking of, I just pulled in the driveway and ended up sitting in the garage in the Tahoe, just playing with my DIC. :manos:

We should have a little contest.....

_20170910_182414.JPG _20170910_182429.JPG

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder as well, I am going to sift through the entire history of this truck at lunch today. One benefit of the NC Surplus lot, they print the entire history of their vehicles and give it to you.
Managed to get through it today, no motor replacement. Not sure why or how the hour meter was reset.

Forgot to mention, my Tahoe is getting the Belltech treatment today as well as new Continental tires all around. Can't wait to get it back and see it. @992dr any luck with yours?

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Guys, I think you can reset the hour meter when you do an oil change, remember these vehicles do a good amount of idling . so maybe some Govt agencies oil is changed by hours not miles. mine when I got it had like 53 hours on it, now it's showing 225.7. I've put around 7k on mine since November.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worse case I'll just take it all out and paint it, fab something up for the face of the DIC switch and be done with it.

Speaking of, I just pulled in the driveway and ended up sitting in the garage in the Tahoe, just playing with my DIC. :manos:

We should have a little contest.....

View attachment 182784 View attachment 182785

Do you have a part # for the DIC switch?
Did you make a plate to cover the bobo?

Were you alone when you were in your garage playing with your DIC hahahaha

Managed to get through it today, no motor replacement. Not sure why or how the hour meter was reset.

Forgot to mention, my Tahoe is getting the Belltech treatment today as well as new Continental tires all around. Can't wait to get it back and see it. @992dr any luck with yours?

When are you getting yours done?

No luck :( Unfortunately I had a mishap with my alignment bushing install and had to put it off. I got my bushings Saturday and coil spring compressor came today and I had a buddy make me a tool to press in my alignment bushings without damaging them haha. I'll install my new bushings probably tomorrow night paint everything Friday and I'll have to plan things out with work to take a day off to gitter done. I also need to change my oil cooler lines, they're leaking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo