Somewhat Comical -- The Dealer Asked Me to Make an Offer -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitrogen in aircraft tires is a safety thing. Compressed air usually has moisture in it accumulating from"topping"up. In use the moisture will freeze at altitude and severely off balance a tire. Also with the high pressure in Aircraft tires, a hard landing on a tire with air (oxigen) in it, might explode from the diesel effect

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my wife's New SUV last year (not a Chevy/GMC), the dealer included fees for paint protection package, door edge protectors, locking lug nuts, some plastic trim items, etc., about $1,000 in excessive markup add-ons. I told him I did not want any of it and that he could remove them from the vehicle and/or from the cost as I was not going to pay for them. I had already negotiated a good price for the vehicle but was prepared to walk away. Without reservation, he knocked them all off the price but left them on the vehicle.

ezstriper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 1st 2 "adds" are total B/S remove those $$ wise and go from there

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$998 SWAT security device

I don't recall asking for $900 worth of Nitrogen in the tires and $1,000 for a SWAT security device.
The admin fee I could live with--not this other nonsense.

If you or someone knows, what is a SWAT security device?

If it is a SWAT team standing guard to protect your vehicle, I'd say the additional $1k was a bargain.

minytrker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a big nitrogen tank and one weekend deflated all the tires on everything, golf cart, lawn mower, vehicles and filled them all with nitrogen. Didnt notice a difference at all. When I was in the air force we had to add nitrogen to the aircraft tires all the time. It was used due to temperatures at altitude.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a big nitrogen tank and one weekend deflated all the tires on everything, golf cart, lawn mower, vehicles and filled them all with nitrogen. Didnt notice a difference at all. When I was in the air force we had to add nitrogen to the aircraft tires all the time. It was used due to temperatures at altitude.

I filled my Yukon’s tires with helium. It bounces around like the moon rover.

Totally worth it IMO.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been dealing on a 2017 Tahoe located at a Midwest Chevy Dealer. This is a leftover, GM, vehicle with a few miles on it.
I asked them what their bottom dollar would be, and they said, make them an offer as they want to move it.
They said they would go to the drawing board and come back with their absolute lowest price. Here is their email which followed:

"I sent the photos via text, having trouble uploading them. Below is the pricing and breakdown:

CURRENT SALE PRICE: $52,017

$1,000 added if you do not have a trade in, we cannot give the trade allowance

$890 for Nitrogen & 3M protectant, door edge guards

$998 SWAT security device

$199 admin fee

Out the door price $55,104

Give me a call when you get a chancE...."

I don't recall asking for $900 worth of Nitrogen in the tires and $1,000 for a SWAT security device.
The admin fee I could live with--not this other nonsense.

Are you still shopping? I have a guy in Cincinnati that sells more than anybody else in Ohio. Great experiences. Let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyfur

Latest posts