Somewhat Comical -- The Dealer Asked Me to Make an Offer -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. Also note. Even if you use nitrogen, somehow. Somewhere regular air will be put in the tire. Tires lose air and need top offs. Nitrogen isn’t always available and never available for you to use on your own

I think that’s kind of the point though. Nitrogen doesn’t escape tires as easily as air and doesn’t react to temperature changes like regular air.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have Costco stores they offer free top off if you are running nitrogen. I use them when needed which is not very often.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that’s kind of the point though. Nitrogen doesn’t escape tires as easily as air and doesn’t react to temperature changes like regular air.

I put nitrogen in my tires. I’m supposed to run 35 psi. 16 Tahoe. With the cold temps my tire pressure was down to 31-32 routinely. I have no kinks or bent rims and no tire issues. Cold temps did push air out of my nitrogen filled tires. This change was not limited to a tire but all four on 2 trucks.

What it did not do was heat up as the car was driven. Maybe a lb or so increase but not 3 lbs depending on outside temp with regular air

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been dealing on a 2017 Tahoe located at a Midwest Chevy Dealer. This is a leftover, GM, vehicle with a few miles on it.
I asked them what their bottom dollar would be, and they said, make them an offer as they want to move it.
They said they would go to the drawing board and come back with their absolute lowest price. Here is their email which followed:

"I sent the photos via text, having trouble uploading them. Below is the pricing and breakdown:

CURRENT SALE PRICE: $52,017

$1,000 added if you do not have a trade in, we cannot give the trade allowance

$890 for Nitrogen & 3M protectant, door edge guards

$998 SWAT security device

$199 admin fee

Out the door price $55,104

Give me a call when you get a chancE...."

I don't recall asking for $900 worth of Nitrogen in the tires and $1,000 for a SWAT security device.
The admin fee I could live with--not this other nonsense.

How many miles are on it?

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put nitrogen in my tires. I’m supposed to run 35 psi. 16 Tahoe. With the cold temps my tire pressure was down to 31-32 routinely. I have no kinks or bent rims and no tire issues. Cold temps did push air out of my nitrogen filled tires. This change was not limited to a tire but all four on 2 trucks.

What it did not do was heat up as the car was driven. Maybe a lb or so increase but not 3 lbs depending on outside temp with regular air

That is odd unless the person that put it in didnt actually put in nitrogen. They specifically use it in aircraft for that specific reason. Unless they didnt remove ALL the air when filling with nitro. IDK

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So all that hassle and $$$ to save 2psi when it’s hot out?

Seems...not worth it IMO.

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe if they out helium in the tires, you'd get better mpg...traction would probably suffer, tho.

[emoji39]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyhoe24

Latest posts