Somewhat Comical -- The Dealer Asked Me to Make an Offer -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Lol I love the nitrogen in the tires and door edge guard package... idiots!

******** on them. I worked at a Chevy dealer 33 years ago in Miami. they added on the addendum sticker 600.00 bucks for rustproofing on a Corvette. I wonder how many people just paid that without any questions. All that crap is pure profit.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has about 6,000 miles
For all intents and purposes, it's a used truck. You should find out the in service date so that you can see how much warranty is left.

If you like the truck and you think the price is fair for the area that you live in -- go for it. But, you might be able to do better on a brand new truck -- especially if fuel prices continue to rise since I have already seen almost $3.00 per gallon gas.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For all intents and purposes, it's a used truck. You should find out the in service date so that you can see how much warranty is left.

If you like the truck and you think the price is fair for the area that you live in -- go for it. But, you might be able to do better on a brand new truck -- especially if fuel prices continue to rise since I have already seen almost $3.00 per gallon gas.

I agree, it’s technically a used truck, and that is how banks/financing will look at it too, so should you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt see if you were looking for an LT or Premier rwd or 4wd but with that many miles just buy a used and really save. Can get used LTs with less miles in the high 40s stealership prices. However Premier and 4x4 do hover around that price you were offered for same general mileage.

If it has not been titled i would insist the service date for the warranty not start until you purchase it.

OP
OP
At Law

At Law

Reaction score
The dealer claims one of the managers drove it and put the miles on it. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I didn't realize a manager would be there long enough to put that many miles on a vehicle. Ha.

For all intensive purposes, it is a used vehicle in my mind as well. If I were trading it in with 6,000 miles on it, they wouldn't allow me to call it a new vehicle that I drove since I am a manager of something.

This last increase in price of $2,000 for nitrogen and a mysterious security system is beyond ridiculous and hints at their honesty/ethics--or rather lack thereof.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure if it has never been sold it would still be considered new and have a full warranty. Pretty common really, most people higher ups at dealerships drive something off the lot.

Random internet quote:
A demonstrator car (or demo) is a new car that has been driven by the dealership's salesmen, managers or executives but has never been registered with the state. A used car is any car that has been registered. Rule Of Thumb: Once a vehicle has been registered, it is legally considered used.

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct it would still be new until titled but dealership higher ups will "demo" units but i thought there was an actual mileage limit of 5k they could put on them. Anecdotal but a buddys parents own a dealership and he was always in a different vehicle and could never put more than 5k on it. May have been their own policy though. Funny when it came time for him to actually purchase his own vehicle at 35yo he didn't know about oil changes or inspections or registration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mspranger9