Something killing batteries in my 99 Tahoe? 130,000 miles 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhino318

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i'm having same problem with this cold weather starter dragging or won't crank i did a full charge on the batt it's better so far plus i use my remote start. i will take the batt to
oriellys to get it checked.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

rhino318

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sorry my little one had my phone

rhino318

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have know clue what she was trying to say

sil80redtop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Problem identified. Driver side vanity mirror left hinge broke and the light was staying on. What a relief to finally sort that out.

GTOHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So whats the draw on the battery now you found your problem.
I have something killing mine overnight had a new battery in november till a week ago now another new battery and my vanity lights in both visors are unplugged no light on inside. Alternator diode checked out good. Its fine if you start it every 8 hours leave it 12 and dead..dome override pushed and hood light disconnected also when connecting my positive cable onto battery the ac compressor clutch engages and clicks but heater/ac is off and keys in my pocket and it don't disengage is that normal ?? thinking about unplugging the ac compressor to see if thats what is killing my battery off ..i have noticed my battery gauge don't go past 14 stays at 12.8 ish with the new battery while driving it ..it use to go a little past 14 before with old battery ..smh

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman