Some say my dealer sucks because of a late delivery..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some pretty good dealers who took a hit by being screwed over by GM's failures..

Funny thing happened today.
I went to pick up my wife's truck.
I had some accessories ordered that they unexpectedly tossed in the deal.
I had a Pin number for supplier pricing, and an a pin for an extra $500.00 off a friend gave me. Don't ask about that one because I don't know anything about it. It just worked.

As I pulled out my check book, I noticed they rebated me an extra $1,250.00 off on the buy sheet. Unless there is a rebate from GM that we are all missing..
I'm not sure where the "rebate" came from, other than my dealer just gave me a little bonus for all of the ******** this past year.
I like a deal on anything I buy, but I'm really not worried about a few bucks, and wouldn't have asked for anything special from them because this delay was 100% on GM. It was a nice gesture that they didn't have to do.

Anyway, the truck drives like there isn't a transmission shifting at all. Well worth the extra wait for the 8 speed. I'll post up some pics as soon as I have some time to wash it.

Last edited:

johnnybogey

Reaction score
That's great news.

Will be waiting for the pics. Enjoy the new ride. Oh wait, tell your wife to enjoy her new ride. :)

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the dealer saved that pricing protection for you. That is close to what mine was.

OP
OP
George C

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never expected it because I personally cancelled the early 15 when I found out that it was scheduled and being built with the 6 speed.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never expected it because I personally cancelled the early 15 when I found out that it was scheduled and being built with the 6 speed.

Either way, you certainly deserved something for all your waiting. Love to see the pics.

Last edited:

raress9596

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G.M. is running a "Customer Loyalty cash rebate" or something like that in December. I knew about it and took advantage. Smart dealer you have. Not all of them are advertising it. Some down here are, some aren't. Even G.M. isn't showing it on their website. I knew from ther dealers that were advertising it.

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G.M. is running a "Customer Loyalty cash rebate" or something like that in December. I knew about it and took advantage. Smart dealer you have. Not all of them are advertising it. Some down here are, some aren't. Even G.M. isn't showing it on their website. I knew from ther dealers that were advertising it.

Taking delivery of my ride on Wednesday and dealer informed me of the $1250 too. Sounds like there are some good ones out there. Happy for you, George. You certainly deserve a deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zackhettinger14

Latest posts