(Solved):Change wire and plug now code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please post solution so others can learn. I promise I won't judge or laugh if something simple. Whatever it was i guarantee I have done worse.
But if you have the same code here are some things to check. Check to see how tight the plug is. loosen it and tighten it back down check the wire. That's what solved my issue.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Read post on August 16. oh trust me I don't care if they laugh I'm self taught. Thanks sorry! I have a bad habit.
You can go back to above the first post and add SOLVED to the thread title.

One other thing. The plug being "tightened too much" had nothing to do with it. If not tight, compression can leak past and cause a problem. Plugs have a torque rating but I have never used it. Just make sure is tight and good to go. The only thing a too tight plug can cause is either broken while installing or break off when try to remove. Or if tightened too much in an aluminum head, can pull or stretch those threads in the head.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can go back to above the first post and add SOLVED to the thread title.

One other thing. The plug being "tightened too much" had nothing to do with it. If not tight, compression can leak past and cause a problem. Plugs have a torque rating but I have never used it. Just make sure is tight and good to go. The only thing a too tight plug can cause is either broken while installing or break off when try to remove.
Sorry it was probably me being an idiot not going to lie and not having a step stole to get to the plug and wire easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallinz

Latest posts