SOLVED - Big 3 upgrade, EVERY warning light on immediately after.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Tyrant

Reaction score
If none of these symptoms occurred before you did the big 3, I’d say you missed something. Recheck your big 3 upgrade.
None of them did - with that said, the ONLY wires I replaced were the 2 battery "hot" wires (+ to distribution block and + to starter) and the ground from - to the engine block.

I left everything else intact, for troubleshooting purposes... If I do too much at once, it makes narrowing down problems harder. I didn't even tackle the alternator to distribution block hot wire yet...

OP
OP
T

Tyrant

Reaction score
Can your scan tools read BCM codes and data? If not, I think one of the guys in Laramie has a Tech-2.
They both do read BCM codes; it's giving a U0102 (cannot connect to TCCM) and U0109 (fuel pump). The fuel pump one is intermittent, I believe it is unrelated because it happened about 200 miles later.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They both do read BCM codes; it's giving a U0102 (cannot connect to TCCM) and U0109 (fuel pump). The fuel pump one is intermittent, I believe it is unrelated because it happened about 200 miles later.
Well, I can only suggest signing up for the shop manual and troubleshooting guide at AllDataDIY to tackle this.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fair question, but ABSOLUTELY. I pulled the battery completely, as I do with all "big 3" upgrades. It's absolutely acting like either the ABS module failed or one of the wheel speed sensors did... What blows me away is that it didn't happen while driving or anything, but on my first startup after the upgrade.

All of the components are top quality, I personally aligned and crimped every single joint, and it runs like a champ. I hand adjusted every wire so that it wouldn't have any linear or torsional tension on it once crimped, so it won't be inclined to flex over time...

It didn't give me any grief after I fed an additional 1/0 wire into the cabin for my amplifiers, either. Voltage is great, 4WD / Auto / 2 high all work properly, and it fires up immediately when cranked.
most likely you forgot to reconnect the wire that goes to the frame near the radiator (2 ground wires are present there) you only connected one wire

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Check the fuses, particularly the one(s) to the BCM, TCCM and related modules. Maybe stuff was on and the BCM was drawing power when you disconnected the battery. A load exceeding the available supply of power presents an overload, and that's exactly what a fuse is designed to sacrifice itself for. An aged fuse is much like an aged incandescent light bulb- the filament will eventually burn up and break even if it's getting its designed voltage. Don't just visually inspect the fuses and don't just test them while installed. Pull 'em and verify continuity.

OP
OP
T

Tyrant

Reaction score
most likely you forgot to reconnect the wire that goes to the frame near the radiator (2 ground wires are present there) you only connected one wire
Wait a moment - do you mean there are two of the smaller wire that runs forward from the ground? I had one 4 awg wire and one approx. 10 awg wire, I connected both to the negative side of the battery. Is there supposed to be a third? That would explain a great deal, if so!

OP
OP
T

Tyrant

Reaction score
Check the fuses, particularly the one(s) to the BCM, TCCM and related modules. Maybe stuff was on and the BCM was drawing power when you disconnected the battery. A load exceeding the available supply of power presents an overload, and that's exactly what a fuse is designed to sacrifice itself for. An aged fuse is much like an aged incandescent light bulb- the filament will eventually burn up and break even if it's getting its designed voltage. Don't just visually inspect the fuses and don't just test them while installed. Pull 'em and verify continuity.
I did pull and replace each fuse of the mini blade fuses with new ones just to be safe, while I switched the J-case fuses with others (known working) to test them. I didn't replace the J-case fuses outright, but I am thinking it couldn't hurt at this point...

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have obviously not reassembled correctly. That’s what I’m trying to say. Everything worked before you jacked with it. So somewhere during the coarse of your “upgrade” something hasn’t been reassembled as it was before you started. You’ve missed something. Look again…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop