solid engine and transmission mounts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

odie301

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they make solid engine and/or transmission mounts?? i have a 04 tahoe 4wd if that makes a difference. I know when i had my audi a4 i put in some new mounts that were virtually solid (rubber but really high durometer so they didnt flex much). So do they have them for these trucks or can one make some themselves?? Would it be bad for your drivetrain/engine in anyway? I just know that the motor seems to torque over quite a bit.

thanks for the help

By the way anyone able to chirp tires when it shifts from 1st to 2nd?? I have a bbtune but the shifting wasnt set up that stiff when i got it.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
No real need, stock mounts work just fine. I've seen a few people build polyurethane mounts and the truck shook like a leaf, just stick to the stock stuff. You trans won't chirp 2nd unless you buy a vette servo and make another 50hp or so, too much weight and traction on these trucks.

OP
OP
O

odie301

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my best bet would be some stock replacements to take out the slop? its got 125k on it so im sure the stock ones are shot, i just thought that the solid mounts might be beneficial.

I can get mine to chirp em going into second...not sure how it is possible. I have a cai, tb spacer(yeah i know they are junk), corvette servo, and a bbtune for 89 octane...and if i mash on it and let up right around 37-40mph and mash it again it will chirp the tires..i am guessing that by letting up and mashing it i am eliminating the torque management somehow.

When you all take off like a bat out of hell, does your front end **** up all funny? seems like when i do a drag launch it kicks the front end up and over to one side, and then when it shifts it drops and ***** back up....its really weird to see in the truck and even funnier to see from outside the truck. thats where the solid mounts seemed logical to limit the movement to the side.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Mine doesn't do that, it dead hooks or spins the right rear slightly before lifting the shit out of the front end. Check your alignment and sway bar links, these trucks should only go straight every time.

OP
OP
O

odie301

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they make poly mounts and where would i get a set?? Haven't had any luck finding some... motor mounts look like a PITA to replace but i could plan to do them when I put on headers.. but for now maybe i will replace the transmission mount and is seems to move quite a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts