So I need a new drivers seat...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve A

Reaction score
I have a 96 Yukon that the driver side seat bottom frame was cracked all to hell. Not sure what caused it but the driver seat is the only one definitely occupied when the vehicle is driven so it stands to reason it takes more abuse. Like guys rearing back to get change out of their pocket at drive-thrus or leaning to one side to get the wallet out. Not to mention when the women drive them, they seem to tear up more stuff than guys do. Make a bigger mess in the vehicle too. My 2 cents.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right!

Can you imagine the marketing nightmare if it was true that GM, Ford and Ram only designed truck seats to hold 250# when a major part of their demographic are big guys?

Never mind the load they have to handle in an accident like when you get rear ended.
yeah the passenger side on mine is broken 2008 guess they could not spare another dollar on the seats (which would reinforce them to a much higher standard then a steel folding chair) even though it cost them $100,000 to build the suv

it could have been broken in the car accident it was in by the previous owner since it was at the front fender passenger side.. I have a Pending Claim with the Dealers Bond..

for the undisclosed accident damage...on it as it's pretty clear the damage it worse then it appears ...

passenger seat damage bent fender and bumper and a bent or out of balance axle on the rear passenger side that is probably why the brakes in the rear don't work correctly

they used some ****** black wax to cover up how bad the damage was Luckily for me I posted a photo of the SUV of the part they "covered up" online before buying it that shows they covered it up with crappy cheap black wax they put on it to hide the fact

you can see how far back the seats go when you get hit at 50mph to get my point

Capturte.JPG

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah the passenger side on mine is broken 2008 guess they could not spare another dollar on the seats (which would reinforce them to a much higher standard then a steel folding chair) even though it cost them $100,000 to build the suv

it could have been broken in the car accident it was in by the previous owner since it was at the front fender passenger side.. I have a Pending Claim with the Dealers Bond..

for the undisclosed accident damage...on it as it's pretty clear the damage it worse then it appears ...

passenger seat damage bent fender and bumper and a bent or out of balance axle on the rear passenger side that is probably why the brakes in the rear don't work correctly

they used some ****** black wax to cover up how bad the damage was Luckily for me I posted a photo of the SUV of the part they "covered up" online before buying it that shows they covered it up with crappy cheap black wax they put on it to hide the fact

you can see how far back the seats go when you get hit at 50mph to get my point

View attachment 229866
Just. Shut. Up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557

Latest posts